Simple, automated and secure backup of your cloud data
**February 20, 2020 announcement: We are excited to announce that our SaaS protection for Office 365 solution by Datto now supports Microsoft Teams, enabling our customers to seamlessly back up public channel content, conversations, calendar meetings, and more data that is not protected in the limited native Office 365 backup.
As companies increasingly move data into cloud-based applications, many IT teams wrongly assume their SaaS vendors have a backup in place. After all, Office 365 is always available, accessible from anywhere, and highly redundant, so why is a backup needed? Even data in cloud-based applications are vulnerable to human error, malware and operational errors.
Office 365 does not provide native backup and recovery options for organizations, regardless of the level of criticality of the information. What if someone accidentally deletes or overwrites a file? How do you make sure business-critical cloud information isn’t tied to the person who created it? When employees leave the company, can you prevent their files and information from leaving with them?
While Office 365 does include primitive restore capabilities for lost data, two major issues arise when using their tools: lost data and lost time. An independent data backup separated from the app itself is necessary to avoid the most common data loss pitfalls. An astonishing 1 in 3 businesses report losing data stored in cloud-based applications.
The truth is that even data in cloud-based applications is vulnerable to:
- End-user deletion, whether accidental or malicious
- Malware damage or ransomware attacks
- Operational errors such as accidental data overwrites
- Lost data due to canceled user licenses
- Misconfigured application workflows
- Data loss due to app outages
- Time lost in restoring files
SaaS Protection by Datto it the most reliable solution on the market today with the comprehensive features you need: Point-in-Time Backups, 3X/day backup, On-demand backup, and Infinite Retention.
What does SaaS Protection Recover?
- OneDrive: All files (including One Note) and folders with file structure in tact.
- Contacts: All contact information.
- Calendar: Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachments and any calendars owned by users.
- Mail: All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
- Teams: Content (team sites, files, documents), public conversations, calendar meetings
- SharePoint: Primary, custom, group and team site collections, Custom generic site lists, Folder structure, Document libraries and sets, and Site assets, templates, and pages
SaaS Protection’s revamped architecture means data export and restore times have improved dramatically for quick restore: Non-destructive Restore, Item level restore, User data retention, No overwrite protection, and Advanced search capabilities.
All of this along with powerful security controls and robust user lifecycle management: Security and compliance (SOC, GDPR and HIPAA), Custom Data Retention, and Activity log for detailed records of all administrator and user actions.
Ancero is a top-tier Datto Partner and has implemented SaaS Protection for many of our clients to ensure the safety of important company data as well optimal uptime. We can do the same for you! To learn more call us at 856.210.5800 or CONTACT US.